Transport Fuel Driver
Kelso, Washington, United States$31 - $36 per hourTransport
Make the move that moves you forward!
Wilcox + Flegel is looking to add a dedicated and safety-focused Fuel Transport Driver to our industry-leading team of professional drivers. The role is LOCAL with competitive pay and benefits, so you will be home every day! We provide consistent scheduling so you will have the time an energy to do the things you love outside of work! Our drivers come for the pay and benefits and stay for the positive work environment, work/life balance, and much more. If you are looking for a place where you can achieve your goals, be a part of a safe, stable, and professional work environment, and contribute to your own and the company’s success every day, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
The driver's seat at Wilcox and Flegel is waiting for you, apply today!
Shift Rotation: 4 12's - 4 days on 4 days off
Shift Hours: 3:00 pm start time
Wilcox and Flegel is currently hiring a Transport Driver to join our team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in the delivery of multi-grade bulk fuel products to both company-owned sites and customer locations. Operating a truck and trailer, your responsibilities will include loading products at vendor racks and ensuring timely delivery to various customer types. We are seeking individuals who demonstrate dedication, responsibility, and a positive, enthusiastic attitude towards safety, customer service, and teamwork. It will be your responsibility to adhere to Wilcox and Flegel Company policy, ensuring the proper and efficient completion of assigned duties and the safe operation of your vehicle. Responsible to consistently role model our Core Values.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package that includes the following:
Medical, Dental, Vision, RX, Optional FSA
Additional PTO - Bereavement and Jury Duty
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate and drive a transport truck and trailer, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local, and company policies regarding the transportation of petroleum products.
- Load and unload various petroleum products, adhering to all regulations and procedures, while maintaining utmost safety standards.
- Accurately complete and submit all required paperwork in accordance with established Wilcox and Flegel procedures.
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the vehicle at all times.
- Perform pre and post-trip inspections of trucks at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Carry out miscellaneous service duties such as daily checks of oil, water, fuel, tires, and tank-related items, as well as basic truck equipment replacement such as hose gaskets.
- Strictly adhere to all DOT/Hazmat Regulations, always ensuring full compliance.
- Promptly report any equipment malfunctions, accidents, incidents, injuries, or concerns to Dispatch.
- Load petroleum products at the rack, following established protocols and safety guidelines.
- Safely offload products, utilizing gravity and pump systems, while ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures.
- Drive safely and responsibly in adverse weather conditions, including extreme heat and snow, prioritizing the safety of oneself and others on the road.
- Proficiently utilize Electronic Logging Device (ELD) and workflow systems for logging in, receiving dispatches, responding to messages, accurately inputting delivery details, and completing pre and post-trip tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to work long hours when required, ensuring dedication and commitment to fulfilling job responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
What you’ll do as a Transport Driver…
As a Transport Driver for Wilcox + Flegel, you will make deliveries of bulk fuel products to company-owned sites and customer locations. You will be the face of our organization to many of our valued customers and a critical piece of our mission of “Creating Lasting Partnerships with our Customers and Communities.”
Wilcox + Flegel is a match for you if…
You are looking for a STABLE and professional work environment. Wilcox + Flegel has a rich history and exciting future. As a family-owned fuel distributor since its incorporation in 1952, Wilcox + Flegel has been an employer of choice and a great place to work. Some of our 400+ team members have decades of tenure because we truly value our team members.
You are looking for an employer that values SAFETY. At Wilcox + Flegel, we are extremely proud of safety record and scores. We also have a dedicated Truck Shop that services our world class fleet of vehicles with industry leading fleet safety and maintenance scores.
You are looking for an employer that provides work/life BALANCE. Our schedules allow you to spend time with those that mean the most to you, doing the things that you enjoy.
We asked our drivers why they choose Wilcox + Flegel every day and here is what they said…
“Wilcox + Flegel gives you the freedom to be the best driver you can be.”
"I enjoy every day and look forward to a very long career with this company. Hands down one of the most enjoyable places I have held employment."
"I have been with the company 21 years and have felt valued with education advancement and opportunities for growth with many perks. The benefits are a great coverage and price."
“The people that are there have great energy and are fun to be around. The company makes sure you receive good training before sending you out on your own.”
“401K is amazing, company actually contributes more than I do!! Best dispatch team I’ve ever been involved with. Very positive coworkers.”
“For a stable future, this is the place to go.”
This is a great opportunity for somebody who has two years of Class A CDL and hazardous materials hauling experience. While we would love for you to have this experience, we are willing to train and upskill the right person for this job! We offer thorough on the job training and support in obtaining necessary endorsements.
Critical Core Competencies and Skills:
- Must be highly organized with strong ability to prioritize effectively, plan, and assess multiple factors to execute job duties
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Able to assess competing demands and determine appropriate direction
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment; agile, flexible and resilient
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skill
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math calculations
- Proven ability to follow established processes and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Federal, State, and Local regulations that pertain to the position, including FMCSA, DOT, OSHA, EPA, DOE, DEQ, rules and regulations
- This position has been designated as a Safety Sensitive Position. This position is subject to pre-employment drug testing, as well as random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, follow-up, and any other company or federally required drug and alcohol testing. The results of this testing will be a condition of employment.
- Able to drive a manual transmission
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Two years of successful Class A CDL experience preferred
- Two years’ experience hauling hazardous materials preferred
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations (note if Required or Preferred):
- Must possess valid Class A CDL, Tanker Endorsement with no restrictions required
- Hazmat and TWIC required, or ability to obtain within established time frame
Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Truck and Trailer
Position Location/Working Conditions/Equipment
- Customer Locations
- Exposure to chemicals
- High noise environment
- Exposure to moving machinery
- Typically driving company vehicle
- Typically standing or walking
- Typically bending, crouching, or stooping
- Frequent lifting (50 lbs.)
- Fuel and/or lube related equipment
- Heavy equipment (forklift, etc...)
Overall Essential Performance and Behavioral Expectations:
In the performance of each person’s respective job responsibilities and duties, all Wilcox and Flegel Team Members are expected to meet the following as well:
- Consistently act in accordance with and model our Core Values.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform consistent quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other Wilcox and Flegel Team Members, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively individually and as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work under pressure and be able to effectively manage stress as needed.
- Be accountable for behavior and achieving or exceeding results.
- Work independently while understanding the importance and necessity of clearly communicating and coordinating work efforts with other Wilcox and Flegel Team Members and organizations.
- Meet required attendance and punctuality standards established for the position.
- Bring your best each day in the performance of responsibilities and duties.
- Cooperatively and effectively perform other duties as may be assigned.