Territory Account Manager
United States, Oregon, Portland$25 - $35 per hourSales
Our Sales Team is looking for an energetic sales professional that loves to get out in the field to be face-to-face with customers!
This is a non-commissioned hourly sales position with ample opportunity for growth and career advancement!
We offer competitive pay and a fantastic benefits package!
Wilcox + Flegel is a leading fuel and lubricant distributor for Washington, Oregon, and Southeast Alaska. We have a great reputation amongst our peers and customer base for providing top tier products and outstanding customer service. Wilcox + Flegel is a respected business in the fuel and lubricant markets in the Northwest.
As a District Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing and profitably growing existing accounts. The District Account Manager is to work with Customer Support, Operations, and Sales staff to maximize gross profit for the organization. The District Account Manager will manage Commercial and Industrial accounts. This will include but not be limited to Industrial Manufacturing, Construction, Power Generation, Mining, Machining, Trucking Fleets, PVL accounts, car dealerships and automotive repair, Forestry and, Agriculture. It is a fast-paced role that is high customer facing. Responsible to consistently role model our Core Values.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package that includes:
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Account Management and Profitable Growth.
- Develops goals and strategies to maintain and increase revenue within assigned accounts or sales territory to meet established growth targets.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships with current customers in the assigned territory/accounts.
- A strategic partner and advisor to the client, discovering new opportunities to work together for mutual benefit.
- Organizes and leads periodic account reviews with account decision-makers.
- Collaborates with sales team to share information.
- Works closely with manufacturers marketing specialists, product managers, and engineering teams to provide the highest level of support for customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints utilizing all possible resources.
- Coordinates sales efforts with sales management, marketing, accounting, operations, and factory support personnel.
- Reports on potential product application developments within territory.
- Supplies management with verbal and written reports (CRM) on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge of core industries, current products, and trends.
- Develops and follows an approved and supervised Professional Development Plan (PDP).
- Attends training as necessary and appropriate.
- Seeks feedback on personal strengths and challenges and continues professional development.
- Responsible for account retention and reducing customer churn rates.
- Responds in a timely manner to all customer inquiries.
- Frequent travel including possible overnight stays will be required.
Critical Core Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving; ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Results oriented and accountable.
- Agile, flexible, and resilient.
- Strong presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to resolve customer issues and concerns independently when appropriate.
- High level of organization and follow through.
- Self-motivated, creative thinker.
- Innovative and creative with strong negotiation skills that will build successful long-term strategic relationships.
- Strong Collaboration Skills and Team Player; seeks the mutually beneficial wins for the customer and the company.
- Business Acumen
- Project Management
- Research & Strategy
- Business Intelligence Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
- Demonstrated Excellent Customer Service with External and Internal Customers
- Technical Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skill
- Must be highly organized with strong ability to multi-task.
- Able to assess competing demands and determine appropriate direction.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required.
- 2 years working in a sales environment required.
- Demonstrated strong technical and business aptitude required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or combination of education and similar experience preferred.
- Background in petroleum or relevant industry preferred.
Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Salesforce experience highly desirable.
- Proficiency using ERP software.
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).