Store Clerk - Graveyard
United States, Washington, Chehalis$16.5 per hourAirport Depot
We are looking to add a customer-focused Graveyard Shift Store Clerk to our Interstate Chevron team!
Stable hours, full-time position, night shift differential, and a robust benefit package!
As our Convenience store clerk, you will have a passion for customer service. The ideal candidate works well with different personality types, enjoys helping others, and upholds a strong sense of cleanliness and organization. Responsible to consistently role model our Core Values.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package that includes:
Full-Time Team Member Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, RX, Optional FSA
Optional Medical Waive Bonus
Paid Volunteer Hours
Part-Time Team Member Benefits
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Rings up customer purchases and receive payments for product sold- whether by cash, check, credit cards, or automatic debits.
- Issues receipts to customers for products bought; make necessary refunds, credits, or change to customers.
- Provides assistance to customers by making available information on products, and their benefits.
- Maintains appropriate interpersonal relationships with the public, especially customers and with co-workers. Address customer concerns.
- Keeps records of transaction totals and maintain confidentiality of company sales and records.
- Accurately complete shift reports, temperature check reports, etc.
- Accurately verify cash drawer count at start of every shift.
- Greets customers as they enter the store premises and as they leave.
- Ensures that the checkout area is always clean and in order
- Stocks shelves in the store and include price tags on each item on the shelve.
- Operate car wash (if applicable).
- Empty trash cans using required safety equipment.
- Properly clean and sanitize restrooms (including “uncomfortable” messes).
- Monitor entire lot for trash.
- Provides on-the-job training when asked.
- Computes every transaction.
- Complete any other duties as assigned.
Critical Core Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skill
- Must be highly organized with strong ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment; agile, flexible and resilient
- Good customer service skills
- Basic math skills: The cashier must have a fair knowledge of basic calculations
- Excellent communication skills: This position involves interaction with the public and as such requires the ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions
- Ability to get tasks done with little or no supervision
- Ability to operate cash register and work with numbers
- Ability to pay attention to details
Minimum Education and Experience:
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience as a store clerk is strongly desired
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations (note if Required or Preferred):
- Have or be able to obtain a food handlers card at start of position
- Attend Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training
- Attend and pass any other required training
Equipment and Software Requirements:
- The convenience store cashier should have the ability to operate the computer system and other necessary IT gadgets
Position Location/Working Conditions/Equipment
- Customer Locations
- Exposure to chemicals – such as cleaning/disinfecting agents
- Dust, dirt, grease or other disagreeable elements
- Exposure to moving machinery
- Typically standing or walking – generally up to 4 hours at a time
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement
- Occasional lifting (40 lbs.)
- Cash Register