Millwright - Reliability Services Technician III
United States, Washington, Vancouver$30 - $40 per hourSales
MILLWRIGHT - RELIABILITY SERVICES TECHNICIAN III
We are looking for an experienced Millwright to join our Reliability Services team!
Dayshift Monday - Friday schedule!
Growth and development opportunities throughout - Potential to grow into a leadership role within our Reliability Services team
To create lasting partnerships with our customers, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We make distribution effortless.
Our Core Values
- Positively Impacting Others – Create positive energy using empathy and kindness
- Adapt to Change – Embrace, encourage and excel in a changing environment
- Team Environment – Create synergy with common purpose and commitment
- Honest Communication – Communicate to build trust and mutual respect
- Safe and Strong Work Ethic – Consistently producing high quality work in a safe manner
Overall Essential Performance and Behavioral Expectations:
In the performance of each person’s respective job responsibilities and duties, all Wilcox and Flegel Team Members are expected to meet the following as well:
- Consistently act in accordance with and model our Core Values.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform consistent quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other Wilcox and Flegel Team Members, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively individually and as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work under pressure and be able to effectively manage stress as needed.
- Be accountable for behavior and achieving or exceeding results.
- Work independently while understanding the importance and necessity of clearly communicating and coordinating work efforts with other Wilcox and Flegel Team Members and organizations.
- Meet required attendance and punctuality standards established for the position.
- Bring your best each day in the performance of responsibilities and duties.
- Cooperatively and effectively perform other duties as may be assigned.
As a Millwright - Reliability Services Technician, you will provide technical support and expertise to our Reliability Services Team. You will be responsible for site visits and evaluation of equipment and lubricant maintenance strategies with a focus on continuous improvement and exceeding our customers' expectations. Responsible to consistently role model our Core Values.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package that includes:
Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability, and AD&D
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conducts on-site customer visits.
- Recommends preventive maintenance by identifying and correcting potential issues, removing worn out pieces and lubricating mechanical parts as authorized by customer.
- Conducts inspections for preventative maintenance, including observing lubricant volume levels, filter conditions, flow rates, pressures, ventilation, oil color, temperatures, vibration, unusual noises, or odors, etc.
- Works with Reliability Services Manager to further develop the roles and responsibilities of the technician team for continued growth, development, and profitability.
- Works as a Mentor/Trainer in a role that raises collective knowledge and abilities.
- Reviews and interprets engineering specifications, schematics, and blueprints to determine work procedures.
- Identifies and repairs problematic parts of a machine by running tests, making temporary repairs, or installing new parts.
- Performs lube and fuel filtration as needed. Builds and dismantles pipe flanges, gaskets, hoses, etc.
- Ensures lubricants are compatible with the machine, process fluids and work environment and performs common lubrication tasks.
- Advanced troubleshooting, failure analysis and problem solving of lubrication related equipment failures.
- Contamination control, collection, and disposal of used/waste oil.
- Collects, labels, and ships oil samples followed by communication with the oil analysis laboratory.
- Builds and sustains positive and long-lasting relationships with customers and prospects.
- Strategic technical partner to Reliability Services Sales Engineer and Manager in developing customer plans, recommendations, solutions, and quotes.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints utilizing all possible resources.
- Supplies management with verbal and written reports (CRM) on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
Critical Core Competencies and Skills:
- Act with integrity and model desired leadership and team behaviors.
- Team player with the ability to develop effective relationships within a team and influence others.
- Comfortable interacting with high-level leaders in across functional disciplines.
- Maintains industry knowledge of core industries, current products, and trends.
- Responsible for pursuing continuing education and certificates in industry.
- Operates Reliability equipment safely and to Company standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized with strong ability to multi-task.
- Able to assess competing demands and determine appropriate direction.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments; agile, flexible, and resilient.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving; ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Results oriented and accountable.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, creative thinker.
- Strong Collaboration Skills and Team Player; seeks mutually beneficial wins – for the customer and the company.
- Business Intelligence.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving skills.
- Some overnight travel will be required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Proficiency in industrial maintenance such as Industrial Millwright, Welder, Machinist, etc.
- 5 years working with lube related products and/or equipment.
- Associates Degree or combination of relevant experience and education.
- Background in petroleum or relevant industry required.
- Strong mechanical understanding of machines and processes to improve performance through lubrication.
- Knowledge of or interest in lubrication science and types of lubricants utilized and how they are utilized on various types of equipment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is preferred.
- NCCER Certification
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations (note if Required or Preferred):
- MLA, MLT preferred (or able to obtain within 6 months of hire).
- Unencumbered driver’s license and current auto insurance.
Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency using virtual collaboration software (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Monday Board).