United States, Oregon, St Helens$16.5 per hourSt Helens Chevron
As a gas attendant for Wilcox and Flegel you are at the forefront of customer service. Positive interactions with customers ensure repeat business in the future for any gas station/convenience store. Welcoming an incoming customer with a friendly smile and warm greeting goes a long way and assures they leave the premises with a positive impression of the station. Because every employee has also been a customer of a gas station, it is easy to know what should be expected out of a transaction. Employees should treat customers with respect and make it clear that their business is appreciated. Responsible to consistently role model our Core Values.
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Charge customers for cash and debit/credit card purchases using our POS system.
- Provide customers with their change (if applicable) and a receipt upon purchase.
- Initiate fuel pump upon payment from a customer.
- Keep property clear of garbage and mess (exterior, gas pumps, etc.).
- Fill gas tanks upon request (dependent on state laws).
- Answer questions and provide directions if needed.
- Add oil to patron's vehicles, if requested, and purchased on site (if applicable).
- Dispense propane.
- Operate car washes (if applicable).
- Prepare daily reports of fuel and oil.
- Wash windshields and check fluid levels and air pressure in tires (if applicable).
- Clean gas station bathrooms.
- Count money in cash drawers.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Call police to report suspicious activity in and around gas station.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package that includes:
Full-Time Team Member Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, RX, Optional FSA
Optional Medical Waive Bonus
Paid Volunteer Hours
Part-Time Team Member Benefits
Critical Core Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skill
- Able to assess competing demands and determine appropriate direction
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment; agile, flexible and resilient
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Some job experience preferred
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations (note if Required or Preferred):
Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Point of Sale system preferred
Position Location/Working Conditions/Equipment
- Customer Locations
- Exposure to chemicals
- High noise environment
- Dust, dirt, grease or other disagreeable elements
- Exposure to moving machinery
- Typically standing or walking
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
- Occasional lifting (40 lbs.)
- Fuel and/or lube related equipment
- Cash Register