Cashier Swing Shift
Chehalis, Washington, United States$16.5 per hourAirport Depot
We are looking to add a customer-focused Cashier to our Airport Depot team!
Are you a people person who loves to chat with customers and make their day a little brighter? Wilcox + Flegel is looking to add an enthusiastic, and thoughtful Cashier to our Airport Depot team. If you are looking for a place where you can make a positive impact on the day to day lives of our customers and our community, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for! Our Cashiers come to us for our pay, benefits, and the stability that we offer, they stay for so much more!
We offer an industry-leading benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, RX, Optional FSA
- Optional Medical Waive Bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability, and AD&D
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Paid Time Off, 80 hours per year
- Working Holiday Pay
- Volunteer Employee Program – get paid to volunteer!
- Employee Fuel Discount Account
- Profit Sharing Program
- Wellness Program Incentives
- Recognition & Reward Program
- Team Member Referral Bonus
A day in the life of a Wilcox + Flegel Cashier…
As a Cashier for Wilcox + Flegel, you are the face of our organization to our valued customers. You might find yourself stocking our shelves, working the register, filling the hot case with our customers’ favorite grab and go food, or keeping our stores clean and easy to shop. Whatever you are doing as a valued member of our store, you are a critical piece of our mission of “Creating Lasting Partnerships with our Customers and Communities.”
Wilcox + Flegel is a match for you if…
You are looking for an employer that provides not only the basics…but SO MUCH MORE. We provide competitive pay and industry leading benefits that allow you to take care of yourself and the ones that mean the most to you. Our schedules allow you to spend time with those that mean the most to you, doing the things that you enjoy. We also offer development opportunities that line up with your professional goals.
You are looking for a STABLE and professional work environment that offers opportunity for advancement across departments. In addition to owning 14 convenience stores Wilcox + Flegel has been a family owned fuel and lubricant distributor since 1952. Some of our 400+ team members have decades of tenure because we truly value our team members and invest in their learning and development.
You are looking for an employer that values a TEAM ENVIRONMENT. At Wilcox + Flegel, we all have a common purpose and commitment. Each of our roles is critical and contributes to the success of our organization. As a member of the team, you will be recognized and valued for your contributions, and you’ll have your teammates cheering you on and supporting you along the way!
We asked our Cashiers why they choose Wilcox + Flegel every day and here is what they said…
"I like the camaraderie I have with my coworkers and customers. Work is fun!“
“We have benefits, profit share, we get paid a fair wage, and I really enjoy who I work with.”
“If you want a company that values you and wants to hear what you have to say and listens, Wilcox + Flegel cares.”
This is a great opportunity for somebody who has previous customer service experience. While we would love for you to have this experience, we are willing to train the right person for this job! We offer thorough on the job training and support!
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Rings up customer purchases and receive payments for product sold- whether by cash, check, credit cards, or automatic debits.
- Issues receipts to customers for products bought; make necessary refunds, credits, or change to customers.
- Provides assistance to customers by making available information on products, and their benefits.
- Maintains appropriate interpersonal relationships with the public, especially customers and with co-workers. Address customer concerns.
- Keeps records of transaction totals and maintain confidentiality of company sales and records.
- Accurately complete shift reports, temperature check reports, etc.
- Accurately verify cash drawer count at start of every shift.
- Greets customers as they enter the store premises and as they leave.
- Ensures that the checkout area is always clean and in order
- Stocks shelves in the store and include price tags on each item on the shelve.
- Operate car wash (if applicable).
- Empty trash cans using required safety equipment.
- Properly clean and sanitize restrooms (including “uncomfortable” messes).
- Monitor entire lot for trash.
- Provides on-the-job training when asked.
- Computes every transaction.
- Complete any other duties as assigned.
Critical Core Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skill
- Must be highly organized with strong ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment; agile, flexible and resilient
- Good customer service skills
- Basic math skills: The cashier must have a fair knowledge of basic calculations
- Excellent communication skills: This position involves interaction with the public and as such requires the ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions
- Ability to get tasks done with little or no supervision
- Ability to operate cash register and work with numbers
- Ability to pay attention to details
Minimum Education and Experience:
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience as a store clerk is strongly desired
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations (note if Required or Preferred):
- Have or be able to obtain a food handlers card at start of position
- Attend Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training
- Attend and pass any other required training
Equipment and Software Requirements:
- The convenience store cashier should have the ability to operate the computer system and other necessary IT gadgets
Position Location/Working Conditions/Equipment
- Exposure to chemicals – such as cleaning/disinfecting agents
- Physical Requirements
- Typically standing or walking – generally up to 4 hours at a time
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement
- Occasional lifting (40 lbs.)
- Cash Register