Kalama, Washington, United States$16.5 per hourThe Flipside
Do you enjoy a rich cup of coffee in the morning? Maybe a hot, fresh pizza paired with a nice cold glass of beer in the evening? If you've got a desire to dive into the venture of preparing delicious pizzas, selling wine/beer, and crafting coffee- then we've got the perfect opportunity! The Flipside in Kalama is seeking enthusiastic individuals passionate about providing exceptional customer service and genuine interest in the craft beverage industry. Those who are looking for a career in a fast-paced, friendly, and engaging environment are welcome to apply for our Bistro Server position!
Benefits offered to our part-time team members:
401k with Company Match
The Counter Server is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that all customers receive a positive and welcoming experience when approaching the counter. This position requires the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, with duties including taking orders accurately and inputting them into the POS system, preparing coffee, lattes, and other beverages, preparing and serving food items, upselling menu items, handling cash and card transactions, and maintaining a clean and organized counter area. The ideal candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude. This is a part-time position with flexible hours. Responsible to consistently role model our Core Values.
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers in a friendly and welcoming manner as they approach the counter.
- Take orders and input them accurately into the POS system.
- Prepare coffee, lattes, and other beverages to customer specifications.
- Prepare and serve food and drink items such as pizza, sandwiches, soup, beer and wine.
- Ensure that all orders are prepared correctly and in a timely manner.
- Keep the counter and food prep area clean and organized at all times.
- Wash dishes, carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to the kitchen for cleaning.
- Upsell menu items and promote specials to customers.
- Provide exceptional customer service and resolve any customer issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Accurately handle cash and card transactions.
- Monitor inventory levels and restock supplies as needed
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Prepare tables by setting up silverware and glasses.
- Offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
Critical Core Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized with strong ability to multi-task.
- Able to assess competing demands and determine appropriate direction.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment; agile, flexible, and resilient.
- Team Spirit.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- · NA
Preferred Education and Experience:
- · Prior experience in food service or customer service is preferred, but not required.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations (note if Required or Preferred):
- Food Handlers Card
- MAST Certification
Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Square POS preferred
Position Location/Working Conditions/Equipment
Other, please describe: Restaurant
Typically standing or walking
Typically bending, crouching, stooping
Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement
Using tools requiring high dexterity
Occasional lifting (40 lbs.)