United States, Washington, Longview$16.5 - $21.5 per hourIndy Way Chevron
We are looking to add a part-time Cook to our Indy Way Diner team!
Serves meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients; maintaining equipment, inventory, and a safe and sanitary kitchen. Responsible to consistently role model our Core Values.
Benefits offered to our part time team members:
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Plans meals by analyzing recipes; retrieving and ordering ingredients.
- Prepares ingredients by following recipes; slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping, and mixing ingredients; adding seasonings; verifying taste.
- Completes meal preparation by grilling, sautéing, roasting, frying, and broiling ingredients; verifying doneness and taste; assembling and refrigerating cold ingredients.
- Presents meals by placing and arranging hot and cold elements using plates, dishes, bowls, and baskets.
- Controls costs by adhering to recipes; following preparation standards.
- Maintains a sanitary kitchen by adhering to state and local sanitation, storage, and refrigeration requirements and codes; cleaning equipment.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive and cleaning maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Critical Core Competencies and Skills:
- Great Customer Service
- Handles Pressure
- Client Relationships
- Excellent Attendance
- Verbal Communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skill
- Must be highly organized with strong ability to multi-task
- Able to assess competing demands and determine appropriate direction
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment; agile, flexible and resilient
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Cook experience preferred
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations (note if Required or Preferred):
- Food handlers card required.
Equipment and Software Requirements:
Position Location/Working Conditions/Equipment
- Customer Locations
- Typically standing or walking
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement
- Simple hand tools
- Cash Register
- Kitchen appliances